Year 7 Literacy and Numeracy Catch Up Premium 2018 – 2019
The literacy and numeracy catch – up premium gives the school additional funding to support Year 7 students who did not achieve the expected standard in reading or maths at the end of Key Stage 2 (KS2).
In relation to the ‘expected standard’, students awarded a scaled score of:
· At least 100 will have met the expected standard of the test
· 99 or below will not have met the expected standard in the test
This means that students with a scaled score of 99 or below in the reading or maths tests at KS2 are eligible for the funding.
The amount of catch–up premium in 2018–2019 will not be received until March 2019. We anticipate this to be approximately £42,000.00 which is an increase from the previous financial year due the year 7 cohort increasing in size in 2018.
In September 2018 76 students (32%) arrived in Year 7 who did not meet the expected standard in reading and 75 students (31%) who did not meet the expected standard in mathematics.
The funding will be used to further support the identified students as follows:
· Subject specialist Learning Mentors are deployed in core subjects working with identified students through in class support or small withdrawal groups before and after school.
· Accelerated Reader lessons are in place for all Year 7 to improve students’ reading and comprehension skills.
· Online Resources to support mathematics learning in and outside of lessons. These include Times Tables Rockstars and Mymaths.
· Two middle leaders are deployed with responsibility for leading and developing high quality Literacy and Maths resources and interventions across their departments.